Find (Search) and Replace

Thu 13. Feb 2014, 18:45

Is there a find and replace option in Articy Draft?

I find that as i'm adding new entities I seem to come back and change/alter their names quite often.

For instance: I'm currently creating crafted items and their associated recipes. So for every type of meat resource that can be gathered in the game, there is a basic preserved meat recipe. I intially called them "salt goat, salt boar, salt cod, etc." But now I want to change them all to salted "salted goat, salted boar, salted cod, etc." The change is easy, but it means I have to touch every entity as well as their recipes which seems to take quite a bit of time. I'd like to be able to do an advanced search and have the option to replace "Salt" with "Salted".

I appreciate any response! You have a great product! :)
illjudged

Re: Find (Search) and Replace

Fri 14. Feb 2014, 08:31

This is only solution I know:
Export entities to .xlsx (re-import) -> open in Excel -> Select proper column -> Use "Find and Replace" -> Import saved file to articy.
Wojciech Kotlarz
Black Eye Games | Gloria Victis | Main Site | Facebook | IndieDB | Youtube | Twitter
Neotix

Fri 14. Feb 2014, 08:39

Yes, the solution suggested by Neotix is currently the fasted approach to do such bulk changes. Another option would be to use the API.
But we also have this topic on our feature list to offer a more convenient solution in the future. :)
Julius Kuschke

Thu 27. Feb 2014, 04:12

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you very much for the response! :D
illjudged

Return to General Discussion