Timeline Features, Question/Suggestion

Mon 16. Feb 2015, 16:53

I will be keeping this quick and simple for now.

I was wondering if there is any sort of timeline feature in Articy.
More specifically a bar graph timeline, possibly known as a Gantt Chart.

An example of what I mean is in the following image, another program called "TimelineMaker"
http://www.timelinemaker.com/images/sample-charts/project-plan-bar-chart-timeline/project-plan-timeline-project-light-full.jpg

If not, are there any plans for such a feature??
Ranmyakki

Re: Timeline Features, Question/Suggestion

Thu 26. Feb 2015, 08:29

Hello Ranmyakki!

Well a kind of Gantt Chart isn't on our feature list right now.
We know that it would be a handy thing to have some kind of "To-Do List" but I don't think this is one of our upcoming features
for the Version 2 releases.

We keep it in mind.

Best regards,

Martin
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Fri 27. Feb 2015, 01:21

Hello Martin,

It is good to hear you'll keep it in mind, and I do hope I may see it sooner on the possible features list, rather than later.
Though I would like to clarify, my personal use for this would be to actually create a sort of history timeline.
With a Bar Graph Timeline, it would allow people to more easily see intersecting events and aid in keeping things flowing.
Though I must agree, doing a time based "To-Do List" would also be quite nice.

Regardless, it would allow for a more aesthetically pleasing representation of time as well. As compared to what I usually see; Dates followed by event name, possible followed by basic event description.

Thank you,
Same to you,

Ran~
Ranmyakki

Sun 10. May 2015, 08:53

I actually want to put in my support for this feature. Like the poster, my use case would be to create a sort of "history graph" where different events can be laid out in a bar-graph style. I know you could easily use Excel to create something like this for small things, but it would save a lot of time if it was integrated into Articy, especially for large and detailed worlds.

That said, this could be in version 3 of Articy and I wouldn't be unhappy about it.
fragfest

Mon 11. May 2015, 06:30

Currently you can gain access to the change log in the multi-user environment of articy:draft. It's basically the same like using the SVN / Git commitmessages. But you're right that's not a proper way to keep visual track of your history of the project (- and not useful for single-users as well). I'll make an entry in our inbox for this. Thanks a lot!
[Articy] Martin Gebske

Tue 16. Jun 2015, 08:30

When I said history, I meant like the history of the world your building, aka Backstory, not project change history (though that could be cool too). I would like to be able to create a bar graph that visualizes the backstory of the world I'm creating, if that makes more sense.
fragfest

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions